So, tomorrow’s the big day. C-day. I check in at 10:30am and (supposedly) go under the knife at 12:30, although I harbor no delusions that my doctor will be on time, seeing as how she rarely is. I had today “off,” so I took advantage of having the day to myself to take care of business:
- wrote a letter of recommendation
- shopped for winter garden seedlings (4 lettuces, broccoli, cauliflower, kohlrabi, brussels sprouts)
- cleaned the house (although somewhat half-assedly because I had no fresh sponges and didn’t feel like going to get any
- short nap
- picled up Harry for dance class, bailed on dance class when he said he didn’t want to go (I wanted to plant before sundown, so I didn’t push it)
- trip to Costco, where a $6 mega pumpkin pie jumped — nay, LEAPT — into my cart
- home, planted seedlings, which was probably too much because now I’m really tired.
I still need to fold laundry and sweep the floor, which I guess I can do in the morning before we go to the hospital to meet our pink lady.