I don’t really have time to be blogging, as I have a lot of other writing/reading to be doing, but here’s a list of things new and interesting:
1. I gave up all sweets (anything that could fall under the “dessert” taxonomy, from fortune cookies to bread pudding to vegan chocolate cake) and whaddya know? I lost 2.2 pounds this week. Next headline: the sky is blue! Dogs say woof! There’s no gravity in space!
2. Apparently, you’re not supposed to have that much caffeine even if you kinda-sorta want to get pregnant. Ummm … there’s no caffeine in a dirty chai is there? (Don’t answer that.) Also: holy crap, does my ob/gyn want me to take a lot of supplements! Also also, now that I’ve crossed that invisible line into 35-land, there is literally a biological clock. There is. My doc showed it to me. Shhhh. (Also also also: acupuncture? Preferable to Clomid if you don’t want to be pregnant with triplets on the second go-round.)
3. I get to have a baseline mammogram done! Damn. I thought mammograms were for old people.
4. If you tell your doc that you’ve been getting lightheaded/woozy a few times a month, she’ll dramatically label them “fainting spells” and order a CBC and complete metabolic panel. Sweet.
5. Now I remember. If my cervix “didn’t like the Pap” and I spotted a little afterwards, do I need to be worried about a recurrence of HPV (which I was diagnosed with 7 years ago, but have had normal Paps ever since)?